Wednesday 31 October 2007

Army of Bears








As a follow up to yesterday's post here are some of the sketches I did for my initial Armoured Bear illustration a couple of years ago. These were done very quickly as I remember, I was just trying to work out how the whole armoured plating thing would work on a polar bear. I was looking at a lot of books on armour worn by horses in battle, but looking at it now it seems more influenced by the gear worn by the Uruk-Hai and Attack Trolls from Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films.

I've just realised its Halloween and I should probably have posted something with more of an appropriate theme. Well there's always next year, and anyway an armoured bear would scare the hell out of me if it came trick-or-treating. I'll post something scarey soon. Probably on Christmas Eve.

Happy Halloween

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Leigh,
It's nice to hear your thoughts and see the development work. It adds depth having your ideas put fleshed out like this. It's a great idea. Keep up the good work. Thanks for the Starfire additions, talk soon.